“Unlocking the Potential for Brownfields”
The Opportunity Zones initiative, a provision in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, is touted as the most ambitious federal attempt to boost private investment in low-income areas in a generation, with the potential to drive billions of dollars in new private investment to struggling communities over the coming decade. This program will discuss:
- Where are the Opportunity Zones?
- Why are Opportunity Zones expected to be more successful that past programs?
- What are Opportunity Funds and why are they important?
- Who is establishing Opportunity Funds and how do you connect with them?
- What can municipalities with Opportunity Zones do to better position themselves for private investors?
- What are the some of the unresolved issues with Opportunity Zones/Funds?
- What resources are available to support Opportunity Zones/Funds?
Join BCONE as it discusses one of the hottest issues to hit brownfields in a long time. Surely one not to be missed. Space is limited, so register today.
Sponsorship: View Sponsorship Details Here
Early Bird (Until November 16th): Members - $45, Non-Members - $70
Standard (November 17th to January 11): Members - $50, Non-Members - $80
Last Minute (After January 11) - Members - $60, Non-Members - $90
Getting Here: We encourage attendees to use public transportation. The Legal Center is connected to Newark Penn Station via a pedestrian walkway. The Edison Room is located on the 3rd Floor of the Legal Center (aka Riverfront Plaza I) at 1037 Raymond Blvd., Newark NJ. If you are driving, please allow an additional 10 minutes for parking. Self-parking is available in the garage under the building for approximately $10-$15. Valet parking is also available for an additional fee. See link below for directions: DIRECTIONS-TO-EDISON-FOUNDATIONS.pdf
Timing: Registration and networking is from 4:00 – 4:30 PM. Please allow 10 minutes for building security. All attendees will need to show identification to building security in the lobby. Opening remarks will start at 4:30 PM sharp! Be on time, you don’t want to miss our great speakers. Additional networking will take place after the panel discussion.
Thank You to Our Venue Host
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Program Content Sponsor
Thank You to Our Organizing Partners