BCONE is excited to team with ICMA (visit their website at https://icma.org) as the newly-selected Technical Assistance to Brownfields Communities (TAB) provider for USEPA Region 4. Together, we will be assisting communities in Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, and Mississippi to overcome obstacles to improving community livability, economic opportunity, and environmental quality posed by brownfields. Our multidisciplinary team of seasoned professionals brings decades of experience working to turn these liabilities in to assets, and they are eager to get to it in Region 4.
The ICMA and BCONE TAB team will be providing direct technical assistance, creating peer to peer networking opportunities, and helping local communities expand their capacity and prepare for opportunities. These are BCONE’s core skills and it is an honor to provide these services to EPA Region 4 communities. BCONE and ICMA are pleased to join the ranks of the other TAB (click here for more) providers around the country. We look forward to continuing our long and collaborative relationships with NJIT, UCONN, and CCLR and strengthening our relationships with West Virginia University and Kansas State University.
Here is the list of the U.S. EPA selected organizations and the regions they will serve with the $11 million in funding to provide training and technical assistance to communities across the country under the Assistance to TAB Program. The grant recipients are:
- The University of Connecticut will provide assistance in EPA’s Region 1.
- The New Jersey Institute of Technology will provide assistance in EPA’s Region 2.
- The West Virginia University Research Corporation will provide assistance in EPA’s Region 3.
- The International City/County Management Association will provide assistance in EPA’s Region 4.
- The Kansas State University will provide assistance in EPA’s Regions 5-8. The university will also coordinate with the other selected recipients on nationally led efforts and tools.
- The Center for Creative Land Recycling will provide assistance in EPA’s Regions 9 and 10.