Learn your role and responsibilities in site remediation cases from a team of experts who will use major case law decisions and case studies to present coordinated real-world perspectives.
Brownfields Coalition of the Northeast (BCONE) is co-hosting this course with the Rutgers Office of Continuing Professional Education.
Attorneys and LSRPs will walk away from this course with better understandings of their roles under federal remediation law and NJ’s legal framework, which is so much more than the Site Remediation Reform Act (SRRA).
This class is “Team” taught by NJ’s top environmental attorneys, LSRPs, and regulators so that all parties understand the perspectives, roles, and responsibilities of the other project members. Major case law decisions and site remediation case studies will be presented to demonstrate the different roles and viewpoints of all members of the Team. A client’s perspective also will be included.
Each featured topic listed below begins with a lightning-round overview of the important statutes, regulations, and case law as it relates to the subject area so that all discussions have context. Following each overview, Teams will present their coordinated real-world perspectives on the operation of the law in question from a permitting, enforcement, and litigation point of view as it relates to attorneys, LSRPs, and their remediation projects.
- To Due or Not to Due Diligence? Let’s Talk Spill Act, Innocent Purchaser Defenses, and Spill Fund Claims
- Industrial Site Recovery Act: Dead or Alive?
- How are the “Emerging Contaminants” Emerging?
- The Scales of Environmental Justice
- LSRP Functionality and SRRA are we at 2.0?
- Fan Favorite Hot Topics! Court Decisions, NJDEP Policies, LSRP Board Decisions and Civil Lawsuits, and Dirty Dirt Brokers oh my!
Who Should Attend?
Designed for professionals with either a legal background or site remediation knowledge, past participants in this course have included:
- Environmental Compliance Managers
- Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRP)
- Plant Managers
- Project Managers
- Remediation Managers
Register Now: https://cpe.rutgers.edu/environmental/environmental-law-for-attorneys-lsrps